Southeastern Security Consultants, Inc. (SSCI) is a Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) that prepares consumer reports for authorized employers under the provisions of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and for volunteer organizations. Our policy is straightforward: SSCI only collects applicant data pursuant to written authorization and disclosure, and only disseminates consumer reports as directed in the written authorization. In other words, data is only collected and distributed at the direction and authorization of consumers. SSCI respects the privacy of our offline/online visitors and clients. It is our policy to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of any personal data voluntarily submitted to us in writing or while visiting our website. We will use the information obtained from our visitors and clients for intended purposes only, so that we may respond to inquiries in a complete and timely manner, and provide regular updates on new products and services available from our company.
We recognize the importance of security and take measures to protect against the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of personally identifiable information collected through the SSCI website. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Once we receive personally identifiable information, we take steps to protect its security on our systems. We have an ICSA certified firewall in place that prevents outside hackers and automated attack programs from penetrating our network. In addition, we have the latest and most updated anti-virus software in place to prevent viruses from entering our computer network, which reduces the exposure to data destruction and theft via internally placed “stealth” programs. Knowing that this was not enough, we have also ensured that the best anti-spyware defenses are in place to prohibit spyware from infiltrating our network and clandestinely gathering our data. Finally, a rock solid data backup system is in place that protects our system and data in case of catastrophe. Backups of this system are stored electronically in multiple off site locations.
Prior to employment at SSCI, all employment candidates must successfully complete a rigorous background screening program. Once approved, these employees are put through intensive training and are continually educated and supervised to ensure compliance to all policies and procedures. At all times, SSCI limits exposure of personally identifiable information to those employees who need access to carry out their job responsibilities.
We have also implemented measures to protect all hard copy documentation received from applicants. This critical documentation is securely stored for less than 90 days in our corporate offices. After this time frame has expired, these documents are destroyed utilizing a NAID certified local company. This process involves on-site destruction and provides certification that 100% of the documents have been effectively destroyed.
Our Data Center Infrastructure:
Data collected is housed and backed up on servers in a 50,000 sq. ft. concrete Data Center which provides the following advantages:
- Level 5 physical Security and Cyber security
- Our Fort iGATE Firewall is managed 24/7, state-of-the-art, redundant and a PCI Compliant Unit
- Our Center is SAS 70 Level Type II and SSAE 16 Compliant (required for many new bids to include government contracts)
- Our servers are equipped with dual quad core processors and shadow arrays
- We have the most state-of-the-art SANS system with hi and low speed storage
The Data Center is engineered with three ISPs, each capable of handing the entire Data Center traffic in the event all but one fails.
The facility is engineered with a minimum of five levels of security:
- Level 1: Proximity card access with PIN is required to enter the building. You are not yet in the data center.
- Level 2: Proximity card access with Biometric (fingerprint) scan is required to enter the data center.
- Level 3: All hardware is secured in steel mesh cabinets fitted with combination locks.
- Level 4: Video surveillance cameras are placed throughout the facility and monitored by on-site staff 24x7x365.
- Level 5: Strategically placed vibration detection devices alert appropriate personnel of any motion.
The Data Center is engineered with an uninterruptible power system and backup generators to deliver seamless power.