The SSCI Implementation Strategy for Parks & Recreation to Keep Out the Unqualified
Operation TLC² Making Communities Safe is the original volunteer management and background screening program of the National Recreation and Park Association designed to first qualify volunteers then prepare them for public service.
Operation TLC² Recommended Guidelines for Background Screening Volunteers define the specific components for a comprehensive national criminal background check system consistently applicable in every state, for every agency, across the park, recreation, and conservation landscape.
As an Operation TLC² agency you will receive:
- Operation TLC² Making Communities Safe full-service national background checks at the preferred price of $18.50 each.
- Results with full case disposition in 48 to 72 hours.
- FREE Operation TLC² Making Communities Safe Orientation and Training Toolkit.
- Access to purchase customized photo identification badges, or manufacturing equipment and materials at a preferred price.
As an Operation TLC² affiliate you will be equipped to properly prepare volunteers for public service in parks, recreation, and conservation. Years of experience in preparing individuals for public service guides the Operation TLC² general orientation, and training content. The topics are:
- The Benefits of Being a Volunteer
- Why Criminal Background Checks
- Customer Relations
- Understanding Today's Youth
- Communication Skills/Appropriate Interaction, and De-escalating Conflict
- Working Successfully with People with Disabilities
- Safety/Risk Management